Project Mercy Bakery
Mercy Bakery is an idea that was founded on the principle that people around the world should have access to the most basic form of sustenance: bread.
· Our mission is to provide free, public bakeries around the world for those in need.
· The first ever branch of Mercy Bakery was opened up in Sana’a, Yemen in August of 2018. Second Mercy Bakery is also in the works.
· Our goal is to provide at least 2,000 loaves of bread a day to families in need, therefore providing a minimum of 60,000 loaves a month.
· The great staff of Mercy Bakery volunteers in Yemen is comprised strong young female / male Yemeni orphans.
· We implemented a card system for the bakery, which would give each family that’s registered a card to receive a bag of bread. This is in place to avoid confusion and chaos.
· The volunteers even take the bread in a car and go distribute it to the families.