Mercy Bakery is an idea that was founded on the principle that everyone around the world should have access to the most basic form of sustenance: bread.
- Our mission is to provide free public bakeries around the world, for those in need.
- The first ever branch of Mercy Bakery was opened in Sana’a, Yemen, in August of 2018.
- The second Mercy Bakery was opened in a different neighborhood in Sana’a, Yemen, in February of 2019, alongside with Mercy Kitchen 1.
- Our goal is to provide at least 2,000 loaves of bread a day from each of our bakeries to families in need, therefore providing a minimum of 60,000 loaves a month.
- The Mercy Bakery volunteers in Yemen who deliver this amazing service are all strong, determined Yemini orphans. Brave men and women determined to improve life for others.
- We implemented a card system for the bakery, giving each family that’s registered a card to receive a bag of bread. This is in place to avoid confusion and chaos, delivering a fair supply of a needed source of food.
- The volunteers often deliver bread to families in a car, to help those who have trouble travelling and ensuring those in need receive their food.
For more info please visit our project page www.mercybakery.org.