Project Orphans is a project designed to improve the living conditions of one of the oldest orphanage homes in the city of Sana’a, located on 45 street. The orphanage home funding was cut by the government, and living conditions there started to deteriorate as the war kept progressing.
- The orphans were interviewed by our volunteer staff, where they explained the challenges they go through daily. Those challenges included having no proper area to study, eat, sleep or even play, along with a number of other issues.
- We pitched a plan to several other organizations we partner with, deciding to make the orphanage home a better place for the kids, since they spend most of their lives in the building.
- We renovated the halls, refitted their sleeping areas with new bedding and flooring, renovated the bathroom, the eating area, the playground area and the guard’s area as well.
- This project was motivated by a Hadeeth that says that the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “The one who cares for an orphan and myself will be together in Paradise like this,” and he held his two fingers together to illustrate this.
- Please click on the View Gallery button below to see videos and images of this project.